Zendesk integration allows Naverisk to connect through the Zendesk API and make changes to tickets in the system.
When a ticket is created, updated or deleted in Naverisk a request is pushed through the Zendesk API, allowing the user to respond to tickets via the Naverisk Service Desk.
NB: You must have a Zendesk Support account to use this functionality: http://www.zendesk.com/
1.0 How to set up Zendesk
The following steps outline what needs to be configured within the Zendesk application.
1.1 Enable Password or Token Access
To connect to the Zendesk API.
Open Zendesk and select Admin
In the Navigation Menu select Admin > Channels > API > Settings
3. Enable the API password or token authentication and save. NB: You will need this password or token later in the setup.
4. Copy your Zendesk application URL up to the domain extension (.com)
1.2 Integrate Zendesk with Naverisk
Use your Zendesk settings to enable integration.
Go to Naverisk > Settings > Zendesk
2. You can configure Zendesk for integration with multiple clients in your Naverisk instance. Select a client from the expandable left-hand menu
3. Under the section Connect Naverisk to Zendesk enter the following details:
Zendesk URL This was copied in step 1.1.3
Email Your Zendesk login email address
Password or Token whichever you prefer, ensure you select the corresponding checkbox, upper right.
*** Add extension /api/v2/ to your Zendesk URL so it can reach the API:
Once the details have been saved, your ticket configuration should now be synced with Zendesk.
1.3 How Naverisk Tickets are Synced with Zendesk
Configure ticket actions and status in Naverisk to sync with Zendesk.
Once you are synced with the API, the Configuration Field Mappings menu become available.
2. Expand the menu by selecting the title bar. From here you will see your client name and the Zendesk account that is synchronised with Naverisk.
3. The Ticket Status section shows the 3x main Naverisk ticket statuses, plus the status in Zendesk they are configured to update upon changing in the Service Desk:
Assigned: Open, Pending or Hold
Unassigned: open, Pending or Hold
Closed: Hold, Solved or Closed
4. The SLA Status section shows the 4x main Naverisk SLAs and how they come to be linked to Zendesk:
NB: You can swap these categories around to suit your preference, but there are a limited number of status adjustments which can be made due to the core functionality of Zendesk which is designed for simplicity over complexity.
5. Once you selected the desired Ticket and SLA status in Naverisk that you would like to sync with Zendesk, you can select the Save and Sync buttons at the bottom of the page.
1.4 Updating Zendesk Tickets through Naverisk
Changing or updating the Service Desk will flow through to Zendesk.
Once a ticket is created in Naverisk it will be added to Zendesk with changes made to the highlighted sections below. Further updated to these fields can be changed manually by Syncing through the Zendesk Integration menu.
2. Once the API sync is complete your new tickets will be added or updated in the Zendesk application.
NB: Naverisk can sync with the Zendesk but not vice versa. Updates made in your Zendesk service will not flow through to Naverisk in the current release.