The Naverisk Site Controller is a Windows application which can be installed on a Physical or Virtual machine.
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) and newer are supported.
You will also need a supported version of SQL Server (2008 and newer) to host the Naverisk database and hardware which will support your requirements.
Please ensure that the server you intend to use for Naverisk is a dedicated Server for the onsite installation. Do not use a server that has other application services running on it.
Microsoft Windows SBS Operating systems are not recommended and not supported.
Access and control of the Site Controller is done through a web console, so you will also need IIS 6 or newer to host this.
1.0 Naverisk Agent OS Requirements
- Windows Workstation (x64, x86)
- XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Windows Server (x64, x86)
- 2003, 2003R2, 2008, 2008R2, 20012, 20012 R2
- SBS 2003, SBS2011
- Mac OSX
- 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
- Linux (32bit & 64bit)
- Debian, Unbuntu, Mint
- RedHat, Fedora, CentOS, XenServer, SUSE 12.x
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
- May require the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015"
2.0 SQL Server Editions Supported
Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Server Express with Advanced Services – 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016
SQL Server Express has limitations in both performance and database size, which can adversely affect the performance of Naverisk. Our testing indicates that SQL Server Express will generally be adequate for installations of up to approximately 400 devices. In the event of degraded performance decreases or if database size limitations are reached you will need to upgrade to SQL Server Standard or higher.
If using SQL Server Express it is important to constantly monitor database size to ensure that it does not exceed the limitation of your version of SQL Server Express.
3.0 Hardware Requirements
Monitored Client Specifications
- 20MB free disk space (more if large Script Packs will be run on this Device) 256MB RAM
Server Specifications: These are a rough guideline for a Naverisk Onsite Server excluding the requirements for the Operating system of the server and running of SQL.
- Dedicated Server
- Less than 1000 agents: 2 CPUs, 8GB RAM, minimum 40GB free disk space
- 1000 – 2000 agents: 2 CPUs, 8GB RAM, minimum 100GB free disk space
- More than 2000 agents: 4 CPUs, 16GB RAM, minimum 150GB free disk space
4.0 Additional Prerequisites
.Net 3.5, Windows Installer 3.1, IIS 6 or later with ASP.NET 2.0.50727 allowed in IIS (for the Naverisk Website).