The Naverisk Site Controller is a Windows application which can be installed on a Physical or Virtual machine.
For new installations, Windows Server 2016 (64 bit) and newer are supported. We recommend Server 2019.
You will also need a supported version of SQL Server (2016 SP2 and newer, 2019 recommended) to host the Naverisk database, and hardware which will support your requirements.
Please ensure that the server you intend to use for Naverisk is a dedicated Server for the onsite installation. Do not use a server that has other application services running on it.
Microsoft Windows SBS Operating systems are not recommended and not supported.
Access and control of the Site Controller is done through a web console, so you will also need IIS 6 or newer to host this.
1.0 Naverisk Agent OS Requirements
Note that OS versions listed here are technically supported - i.e. will work with Naverisk. Older versions may no longer be supported by Microsoft, Apple or other vendors and may be a security risk. Using these versions is not recommended.
- Windows Workstation (x64, x86)
- XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Windows Server (x64, x86)
- 2003, 2003R2, 2008, 2008R2, 20012, 20012 R2, 2016, 2019
- SBS 2003, SBS2011
- Mac OSX
- 10.5 to 10.15 (Catalina)
- Linux (32bit & 64bit)
- Debian, Unbuntu, Mint
- RedHat, Fedora, CentOS, XenServer, SUSE 12.x
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
- May require the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015"
2.0 SQL Server Editions Supported
Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Server Express with Advanced Services – 2016 SP2 or later.
SQL Server Express has limitations in both performance and database size, which can adversely affect the performance of Naverisk. While SQL Server Express will work for small installations of Naverisk it is not recommended. In the event of degraded performance or if database size limitations are reached you will need to upgrade to SQL Server Standard or higher.
If using SQL Server Express it is important to constantly monitor database size to ensure that it does not exceed the limitation of your version of SQL Server Express.
3.0 Hardware Requirements
Monitored Client Specifications
- 20MB free disk space (more if large Script Packs will be run on this Device) 256MB RAM
Server Specifications: These are a rough guideline for a Naverisk Onsite Server excluding the requirements for the Operating system of the server and running of SQL.
- Dedicated Server
- Less than 1000 agents: 2 CPUs, 8GB RAM, minimum 40GB free disk space
- 1000 – 2000 agents: 2 CPUs, 8GB RAM, minimum 100GB free disk space
- More than 2000 agents: 4 CPUs, 16GB RAM, minimum 150GB free disk space
4.0 Additional Prerequisites
.Net 3.5, .Net 4.6.2 redistributable, Windows Installer 3.1, IIS 6 or later with ASP.NET 2.0.50727 allowed in IIS (for the Naverisk Website server).